Meeting Room Contest Rules and Regulations
Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott Refreshing Meeting Room Contest
1. Contest closes on Monday December, 2nd at 11:59 p.m. (the “Contest Closing Date”). All times are Eastern. No purchase necessary. Only one (1) entry per person.
2. To enter, simply email the subject heading “Meeting Room Contest” along with your first and last name - ex. Meeting Room Contest-JohnSmith to firstname.lastname@example.org and a brief explanation (in 150 words or less), why your team should win the “Refresh Your Meeting Experience” contest.
3. One winner will be selected by the Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott on Monday, December 9th at approximately 12 pm ET from all eligible entries after the contest closing date. The winner will be selected at random from all the entries received. The selected entrant will be contacted via email.
4. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days following the draw, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a release of liability as specified below, another entrant will be selected until the prize is awarded.
5. Participants are eligible to win one (1) grand prize consisting of a meeting room and continental breakfast for 10 people at the Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott. The continental breakfast includes danishes, croissants, muffins, fresh fruit, juices, water and coffee and tea.
6. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for all transportation, taxes, transfers, travel insurance, spending money, tips, meals and other travel and hotel charges not specifically mentioned as part of the grand prize. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $329.50 CDN. Prize is available for the months of December 2013 – May 2014 and must be redeemed by May 31st, 2014. Prize will be valid between Sunday – Thursday and is subject to availability and the following black-out dates: December 24th, December 25th, December 31st, January 1st, February 16th, w/o March 10th – 14th, May 19th and May 26th 2014. Grand Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. All meeting room space is to be determined by the Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott in their sole discretion and is based on availability.
7. Grand prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. The Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever the reason, of the advertised prize in whole or in part.
.8. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time and may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
9. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph that may be taken in publicity carried out by the Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott without further notice or compensation.
10. This contest is open to legal residents of Canada, the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia who are over the age of majority in their state or province (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, Quebec and all other U.S. foreign territories and possessions , and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law). Contest also excludes employees of the Courtyard by Marriott, their parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/state and municipal laws and regulations.
11. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
12. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified. Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. The Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest.
14. By entering this contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott, their advertising and promotional agencies, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this contest or, if declared a winner, the prize(s). Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses by the Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
15. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by the Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in this contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
16. The Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Niagara Falls Courtyard by Marriott reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.